Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

You may notice in the pics that my bananas look black and yucky. Well when bananas get past their prime and I don't have time to do something with them right then, I toss them in a freezer bag and freeze them. The when I have the time I thaw them on the counter about 30 minutes while I gather the other ingredients. The black peel slides right off and I'm ready to muck up some banana goodness.
  • 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 individual serving natural no-sugar added apple sauce
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Melt butter.

Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder and salt.

Add sugar to mashed bananas.

Mix the dry ingredients into banana mixture.

Add applesauce and butter.

Stir in chopped nuts.

Pour into pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake 45 minutes in 350 oven.

Makes 1 big loaf or 6 small loaves.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment