- 4 cups water
- 5 ounces fresh organic spinach leaves
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1 (7.1 ounce) package thai rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups Better Than Bouillon, Vegetable Base (made according to package directions)
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce package) Chik'n Strips (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- lime wedges
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add spinach and peas to pan; cook for 30 seconds. Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl.
Add noodles to pan of hot water; cook according to package direction. Drain; add noodles to spinach mixture in bowl.
Heat canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and the next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add broth to pan, and bring to a boil.
Add coconut milk to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, onions, sugar, and fish sauce to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
Add noodle mixture to chicken mixture in pan. Stir in chiles.
Serve with lime wedges.