- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon each sugar, chili powder, and cinnamon
- 1 box (13.5 ounce) Dreamfields penne rigatoni
- 2/3 cup soy peanut butter
- 6 ounces Toffuti cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha sauce)
- 2 Braggs
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (garnish)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Oil a rimmed baking pan; set aside. Place sweet potato cubes in bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the sugar, chili powder, and cinnamon.
Spread in prepared pan; bake 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 2 cups hot pasta water.
(I forgot to take a pic -- sorry)
In saucepan combine peanut butter, cream cheese, chili sauce, and soy sauce; whisk in 3/4 cup of the hot pasta water. Stir over medium heat until heated through. If too thick, stir in additional water. Stir in most of the green onions. (once again, I forgot to take a pic of the sauce -- long day!)
Mix sauce with pasta and sweet potatoes and remaining onion.
Serve with a salad and a glass of wine!!!!