- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (I used half button and half baby bellas)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 ounces Toffuti cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Toffuti sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegannaise
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano, grated
Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Add onion and cook until slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes or so.
Add the musrhooms and saute until they begin caramelizing, another 20 minutes or so.
Add garlic and thyme and continue to cook about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add wine and cook until it has evaporated, scrapping any bits off the bottom of the pan that may have formed.
Puree half of the mushroom mixture in a food processor.
Mix all of the mushrooms mixtures, cream cheese, sour cream, vegannaise, mozzarella and parm and place in a baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until brown and hot all the way through, about 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread slices. We used thin slices of whole wheat baguette slightly toasted.