Monday, March 25, 2024

Taco Cups

Just in time for Taco Tuesday. I made these, taco cups, a couple of weeks ago and have just been too busy to post them. But, I promise to get back to a post a week! Also, I filled these a little too full. I'd only fill them about half way so your toppings stay put! They are messy, but fun, to eat since I just used my hands. I only made four and you can use whatever type of vegan ground you wish. I only had Beyond Meat burgers, so I thawed out 2 and made these but ideally you would use a package of the Beyond Meat ground or Impossible ground. They are found in the freezer case of most supermarkets, shrink-wrapped in clear plastic with a black plastic back. These obviously would also make great tacos, burrito filling or nachos. 

  • 12 ounces vegan ground
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
  • 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds
  • street-style flour tortillas (these are really small)
  • Garnish: shredded lettuce, vegan sour cream, diced tomatoes, hot sauce

Preheat oven to 350F. In a cast iron or non-stick skillet add the ground, taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water Stir well and cook until ground is done, about 6-7 minutes. Stirring occasionally.

While it's cooking fold the tortillas to fit into a standard sized cupcake tin. You may have to fold the edges some.

Now, to the ground add the chilies and cheese. Continue to cook until the cheese is mostly melted. Remove from heat.

Fill each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of the ground mixture. Don't over stuff them like I did.

Place in the oven until the tortillas are slightly crisp around the edges, about 15 minutes or so depending on your oven.

Garnish with add the goodies you enjoy and since I was serving these as a meal I fixed some Spanish Rice to go with them. But, these could be served as appetizers by themselves. I prefer to cook them fresh. If you have leftover filling just put it in the refrigerator and make fresh cups with the leftovers the next day or so. 

Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment