Saturday, November 4, 2023

1-Pot Tomato Soup

So I looked for a tomato soup recipe online that I could modify and make to go with a quiche I had in the oven. This turned out so good. This soup was quick, easy, delicious and filling. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry to make this. If you don't have the whole San Marzano tomatoes I think you could use more of the diced tomatoes and it would be just fine. This paired wonderfully with the quiche I made. 

  • 1 large sweet onion, diced (about 1-1/2 cups)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 (28 ounce) can whole San Marzano tomatoes in juice
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • Garnish: vegan parmesan cheese

In a large Dutch oven  heat 1/4 cup water. Add the onion and cook until it begins to look translucent.


Add garlic and basil and cook for another minute.

Add tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, pepper and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and cover. Let cook for about 20 minutes.

Remove lid and give it a good stir. 

Use an immersion blender and puree the soup.

Give it a taste and add more black pepper or maple syrup. If you want it thicker simmer a little longer without the lid.

I love serving tomato soup in large coffee mugs!! But bowls work also, be sure to garnish.

I served this soup with the quiche I had in the oven for our lunch today!!
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment