Saturday, March 6, 2021

Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato Quiche

 I saw this quiche recipe and knew I wanted to try my spin on it. I haven't had a good quiche since we went vegan almost 11 years ago. If you make your own crust you could make this WFPBNO. I had a few vegan, but a small amount of oil them, pie crust in the freezer and that's what I used.

  • 1 9-inch vegan pie crust, slightly thawed (I set it on the counter while I prepared the rest of the ingredients)
  • 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, drained
  • 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk, I used unsweet Almond Milk
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon dehydrated minced onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
  • 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped small
  • 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1" lengths
  • 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, chopped (not the ones in oil)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/3 cup Diaya's Mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350F. In a small skillet heat a couple of tablespoons water. Add onions and cook until translucent.

Add asparagus and tomatoes. Saute about 3-4 minutes. I like my asparagus to still have some bite.

In a large food processor combine tofu, nutritional yeast, milk, flour, dried onions, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth.

Transfer tofu mixture to a bowl. 

Add sautéed vegetables, basil and cheese.

Stir everything together.

Spoon filling into your pie crust, smoothing the top.

Bake 35-40 minutes until top is lightly brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.

Allow to cool 20 minutes or so before serving. Serve warm.

I sliced this into 6 wedges. Served with a side salad one day; another day served with a cup of tomato soup. This is delicious and filling. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment