Saturday, July 8, 2023

Greek Cucumber Salad (WFPBNO)

This salad comes together so quickly you won't believe it takes under 20 minutes. This makes a yummy, quick lunch on a hot day like today. If you have vegan feta you can add some cubes or crumbs to this salad. Or, if you plan in advance you can make a tofu feta to add to it. I served this without the feta but I know it would make a nice addition. Be sure to drain and save the juice (aquafaba) from your canned beans.

  • 1/4 cup aquafaba
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes (I didn't have a pint of home grown ones but used what I had)
  • 1/3 cup pepperoncini, chopped
  • 1/3 cup kalamata olives, seeded and halved
  • 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained (save the liquid) and rinsed


In a large bowl, whish together the aquafaba, red wine vinegar, oregano. You can add a tad of salt but I wait and do that when I make my bowl. Add the red onions, toss to coat, let sit for a few minutes while you prep the other veggies.

Prepare all the other in ingredients and add to the dressing. Toss to coat. Add feta is using.

Serve with a light sprinkle of salt and some black pepper.

Enjoy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment