Friday, April 3, 2020

Chickpea of the Sea Salad

I loved tuna salad and this is the best replication I have. I like to make a sandwich with a thin slice of tomato and vegan mayo on homemade rye bread, YUMMM. This is also good as a snack on a cracker or as lunch on a salad. I can't believe I've not put this on the blog before since I've been making it for years. Anyway, enjoy!! Also let me state there is no way to make this look attractive in photos.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish, drained
  • 2 tablespoon sweet relish, drained
  • 3 tablespoons sweet onion, minced
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoons vegan mayo (more if needed)
  • 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon kelp flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning


Put chickpeas in food processor.

Pulse until they are small crumbs, but be careful you don't want hummus.

Dump chickpeas into large bowl.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.

Eat in any of the recommended methods above and enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment