Monday, April 13, 2020

BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

I love sweet potatoes stuffed with BBQ anything. Although we have gone 99% whole foods plant based no oil, I do have a few stray packages in the big freezer of vegan meats. I had never tried the No Evil Pit Boss (it was delicious). So maybe once a month I'll break out a package of faux meat and we do enjoy it. I know it's processed, has too much oil and sodium. But this was delicious. It's gone and I won't be buying anymore. So without further apology and blabbing here is the recipe. If you don't eat faux meat, I would suggest you try this with chopped tempeh or sliced mushrooms or garbanzo beans.

That was the sorriest piece of corn EVER!
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 1 package No Evil Pit Boss
  • sliced scallions, for garnish

Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and Bake at 350 for 2 hours in my toaster oven. If you use a regular oven or even a newer toaster oven may cook 1 1/2 hours. At the half way mark I flip them over, front to back and left to right so that they cook all the way through. When the potatoes are almost done add the Pit Boss to a skillet and hit through. Follow the directions on the box.

While the potatoes were cooking I grilled the corn. Place corn in husks on hot grill and cook for 8 minutes, roll a third of the way over and cook another 8 minutes. Finally, roll to the uncooked side and cook a final 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.

Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove the foil. Split down the middle and loosen up the inside.

Top with the hot Pit Boss BBQ.

Add scallions for garnish and flavor.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
    Yahoo Helpline

    ReplyDelete