Thursday, February 14, 2019

Spicy Thai Ramen

It was kind of a chilly weekend so I decided we needed a yummy soup on Sunday for lunch. I couldn't find the ramen noodles that are just noodles, not a prepackaged soup at my local store. So I used the soup packages I had in the pantry and tossed the seasoning packets in the trash. This was delicious!!!! Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet onion, chopped
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 4 kafir lime leaves (I bought these on Amazon)
  • 1 package (8 oz) baby bella mushrooms, sliced 
  • 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste 
  • 4 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 can full-fat coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • 1/2 (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, cubed
  • 2 packs ramen noodles


Add a couple of tablespoons of water to a large soup pot and add the onion and ginger. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes.


Add kafir lime leaves, mushrooms and red curry paste. Mix well and let cook 1 minute.


Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the ramen noodles and let come to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.


Add the ramen noodles and let cook 2-4 minutes until noodles are done. I like to break the noodles up as I add them so they aren't so long.


Give the soup a final stir.


Garnish with sliced scallions and extra lime juice if desired.
 Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment