Sunday, March 25, 2018

Pineapple-Datil Hot Sauce

Jack was telling me about a Pineapple Habanero sauce he saw on TV the other day. You know I've got Datil's in the freezer, so I went in search. I discovered the Chili Pepper Madness website. Oh my gosh folks you have to check it  out if you like heat. I subbed Datil for Habanero and it was so freaking  hot. I made another batch with NO Datil and mixed the two together. Below are the ingredients for the final version. 
  • 20 Datil peppers
  • 2 cups (2 cans) sliced pineapple, drained
  • 1 handful cilantro leaves, rinsed
  • Juice from 2 limes
  • 2 cups white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Add all ingredients to your blender (or food processor)  and blend till fairly smooth.

Pour into pot and simmer over low for 15 minutes.

Get jars/bottles ready.

Ladle into jars and close.

Store in frig. Makes about 24 ounces. **If you have canning equipment you could process this and keep it in your cabinet.



0 comments:

Post a Comment