- 3 bell peppers (I used yellow, orange and red), halved and deseeded
- 3/4 cup vegan cheese (I used Daiya pepperjack shreds)
- 1 package Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package taco seasoning (I prefer reduced-sodium) or you can make your own
- 2/3 cup water
- Garnishes: sliced jalapenos, lime wedges, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, cooked rice to plce the pepper on, etc
Preheat oven to 400 F. Place pepper halves on baking sheet covered with foil.
Brown onion in oil in a skillet. Add crumbles and heat until crumbles start to brown.
Add taco seasoning nad cook for 2 minutes.
Add water and simmer 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add cheese and set aside.
Stuff the pepper halves ( use about 1/2 cup filling) depending on the size of your peppers.
Top with additional cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with garnishes of choice. I served the pepper on top of rice with jalapeno, guac, lime slices and cilantro.