For Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Garnish: chopped cilantro, roasted peanuts
For Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- juice from 1 lime
Preheat oven to 400. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a foil covered baking sheet and roast for 50-60 minutes. Once done, remove and set aside to cool slightly. Leave oven on.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon and scrape out most of the flesh into a bowl. Leave some in so they don't fall apart. Put potatoes back on baking dish and set aside.
To the bowl of scooped out sweet potato add the Sriracha sauce and salt. Blend well. Set aside.
In a small frying pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add scallions and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Spoon this into the sweet potatoes in the bowl. Add cilantro and blend gently.
Spoon this filling back into the potato skins. Place the stuffed sweet potatoes in the oven for 6-8 minutes to warm all the way through.
While they are heating, make the peanut sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and wish well. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to make it the consistency you like.
Serve tje potatoes drizzled with the peanut sauce and garnish of choice.