- 1 English Muffin
- 2 thick slices tomato
- 2 Gardein Breakfast Patties
- 1 handful of broccoli shoots
- 1/2 Haas avocado
*I don't know how I missed getting a pic of the ingredients, but I did. Note to self, get one when I make this again.
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4-6 teaspoons lemon juice (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of turmeric (for good color)
To make Hollandaise Sauce place vegan butter in a small sauce pan and bring to boil. Add flour and whisk until it forms a paste. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously until well combined. Bring sauce to a boil, whisking frequently, until sauce begins to thicken (about 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and add nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and seasoning. Stir together. Set aside.
To assemble the Benedict, slice the muffin in half and toast.
Top each muffin half with a small amount of broccoli shoots.
Place a slice of tomato on each.
Place a cooked sausage patty on the tomato.
Smother in Hollandaise Sauce.
Finish with sliced avocado and serve immediately.