- 1 package Tofurky Italian (vegan) sausage, cut into half-moons, about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large can or jar roasted peppers in water, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large can (20 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 box (13.5 ounce) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes , plus more for serving
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned. Set aside.
Add the oil, onions, roasted peppers, garlic and kosher salt and black pepper to the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and broth and return the sausage to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. I like to serve my sauce over my pasta OR you can add the sauce to the pasta and give it a good stir. Garnish with extra nutritional yeast if desired.
Serve with a side salad, garlic bread and your fav wine!