- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 cups no-chicken chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes including the juice
- 1 package Tofurky Spinach Pesto sausage, cut into coins or half-moon slices
- 1/2 bunch or about 4 cups fresh kale, coarsely chopped
Sweat the onions and garlic in 1/4 cup water until tenter in a large soup pot.
Add all the other soup ingredients EXCEPT for the sausage to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the browned sausage.