- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 cloves of garlic, dice
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced white potato
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Field Roast vegan Chipotle Sausages, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
Saute the onions in about the olive oil in a large soup pan until they are translucent.
Add all the remaining ingredients except for the chopped greens.
Bring soup to a boil, cover and simmer on low for as about 1 hour.
Add the spinach and cook until it's wilted.
Ladle up, look out for the bay leaves. The spinach and the bay leaves look similar and you don't want to eat a bay leaf.
This soup is even better the next day after the flavors have a chance to marry.
Visit Gloria's profile on Pinterest.