This recipe is based on the one I saw at Vegan Richa -- I wish I had some onion to add to it, but I hadn't been to the grocery yet. This is a delicious dish and I made burritos with the leftovers on Sunday morning.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 package Field Roast brand Italian Sausage, cut into coins
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt with chili (I received this for a Christmas present - you can substitute salt and add some some cayenne pepper)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons veganaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons almond milk or water
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- a pinch of salt and pepper
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Once the potatoes are brown add the bell pepper and sausage to the potatoes.
Add salt and spices and mix well. Cook without cover for another 5 minutes. Stir 2-3 times in between. Serve hot with a spoonful of the dressing and a garnish of pickled jalapeno slices.