- 1 package Tofurky Spinach Pesto Sausage, torn into chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces rotini, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups chopped spinach
In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the sausage, onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook for 10-12 minutes. I like to cook it til the sausage starts to get some brown color to it.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices and bouillon cubes.
Bring to a low boil and add water. Low boil for 15 minutes.
Bring the soup to a boil and add the rotini pasta. Cook according to packaged directions. Add the spinach and only cook for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!