- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup (about 3) carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust depending on your canned goodsd)
- 1 sprig of rosemary, stem removed and leaves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup small, dry pasta (I used small shells)
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped (or other green of choice)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
In a deep soup pan heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onions are slightly translucent – about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, and all the seasonings. Bring soup just to boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add pasta and spinach, cooking for another 10-12 minutes (or however long your pasta needs to cook based on package instructions).
Just before serving stir in fresh parsley.