Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Homemade Pizza

First let me go on the record stating: I love pizza and for some reason I had forgotten how easy this crust is to make. Yes, it requires you to think ahead since there is a total of 1 1/2 hours of rise time. BUT it is so easy to make just plan ahead and you'll have two delicious crusts to top however you like.

Secondly let me go on record to apologize for the lack of pics and the ones I do have aren't that great. But without further ado, here we go.

My favorite Basic Pizza Crust is from a Sept/Oct 1991 Cooking Light Magazine and yes I still have this mag solely for this crust. I only used one crust and made it into the shape of my cookie sheet and frozen the other crust.

I used this recipe from AllRecipes for a basic pizza sauce, however I did put it in a small saucepan and let it simmer on very low to help with melding flavors since I only had 1 1/2 hours until I needed it.

For the topping we stay vegan and use lots of fresh veggies, but you should use what you like and have on hand. In the pic below you will see: sliced and then quartered tomatoes, sliced and then quartered and separated sweet onion, bell pepper slices and sliced black olives. What you don't see is approximately 4 ounces of organic baby spinach that I sauteed in a tiny bit of water with 2/3 a package of sliced baby bellas.

So, roll out the crust; top with sauce; add veggies of choice and then top with Diaya Mozzarella shreds. I baked according to the crust directions (but moved it from the bottom shelf to the middle after about 8 minutes.)

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment