- 1 - 12 oz. jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 poblano chiles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-sodium V8
Preheat broiler. Chop bell peppers and set aside. Cut chiles in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop. (Sorry, no pic)
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini, onion, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika; sauté for 30 seconds.
Add roasted peppers and chiles, 1/2 cup water, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
Serve with crackers, cornbread, rolls, whatever you have on hand.