- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 package Beyond Meat Crumbles
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon shili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (28 -oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 12 ounces shelled fresh lady peas
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: Hot sauce, Sour cream, scallions
Heat 1/4 cup water in a large soup pot over medium-high. Steam onion, bell pepper and jalapeno, Stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, if you need to add more water so they don't burn. **If you wanted to make this in a slow-cooker, just add all of the above ingredients except cilantro and garnishes and cook on low about 4-5 hours.
Add crumbles and garlic, stir to break up crumbles, about 3 minutes.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, coriander, and oregano. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, lady peas, diced tomatoes, zucchini, squash and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in water, 1/4 cup at a time if chili is too thick.
Stir in cilantro and garnish as desired.