Saturday, March 18, 2023

Tofu Mayonnaise (WFPBNO)

I know there are vegan mayonnaise's on the market. They are hard to find and they always have oil  in them. So I started making my own and have tried several different recipes. My favorite is Dr. McDougall's version. I increased the lemon juice by 1 teaspoon for a little more tartness. I use this on sandwiches, in coleslaw and potato salad, etc. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and I keep the 1-1/2 cups in a mason jar. Be sure to label it since it only keeps about a week.

  • 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken tofu, drained
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

Add all ingredients to a food processor with a S blade. Pulse a couple of times then turn to high. You will need to stop the food processor and scrape down the bowl a couple of times until it's a super smooth mayo. Add to mason jar, label and store in frig for at least 2 hours for the flavors to marry. Will keep for up to 1 week.
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment