- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions, chopped (about 1 onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Beyond Meat Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 1/2 cups Daiya cheddar shreds, divided
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped, garnish
Start water to boil for cooking pasta. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside. Heat oil in nonstick skillet and add onion. Cook about 7 minutes until it's beginning to get translucent.
Add garlic and cook a minute or two.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Lean towards al dente since you'll be baking it in the oven.
Add crumbles to the onion/garlic mixture. Give it a good stir and cook until crumbles are cooked.
Add steak seasoning, ketchup, mustard, diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of cheese and the cooked pasta. Allow to simmer about 5 minutes. stirring to combine everything well.
Pour mixture into your greased baking dish.
Top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted is everything is heated through.
Garnish with dill pickle.