- 1 package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package Tofurky andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast flakes
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 5 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered.
While pasta pot cooks, brown sausages in a small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet until brown on both sides.
Cook pasta for the length of time indicated on box - usually 10-12 minutes. Until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced. Stir in sausages and nutritional yeast.
I served this with a large tossed salad and a glass (or two) of wine.