Saturday, March 4, 2023

Spicy Rice Noodles (WFPBNO)

This simple pasta dish was a hit at dinner. It does make a lot of food, feeding 6 people easily. Of course if you don't like or have broccoli, substitute the veggies you do have. The sweet chili sauce is not very spicy to me so I added some hot sauce to my dinner. I can't say enough about brown rice pasta. I love it. It cooks easily, holds it's shape, doesn't fall apart and is much healthier than regular white wheat pasta. It's a little m ore expensive but you can't put $$$$ on a healthy body! I think this would also be good if you leave out the pasta and serve over brown rice.

Sauce:
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
  • 1 1/4 cups hot vegetable stock
  • 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 6 tablespoons soy milk

Add all sauce ingredients to small sauce pan and whisk until the peanut butter is incorporated into the other ingredients. Set aside.

Noodles and veggies:

  • 1 16-ounce package brown rice pasta, I used fettuccini style
  • 1 cup corn kernels, I used frozen and let them sit out while I prepped everything
  • 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
  • 1/2 medium to large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
  • 3/4 cup green beans, I used frozen and let them sit out while I prepped everything
  • 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • Garnish: chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro

Start your water for preparing the pasta. Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Heat 2 tablespoons water in your wok over medium high heat. Add more water as needed to keep veggies from sticking. Stir-fry all the vegetables together with garlic for about 3-4 minutes. Don't let the veggies get mushy!! Cook just until they start to soften.

Pour the sauce that you set aside earlier to the pan and simmer on low 4-5 minutes, again don't overcook them. 

Stir in the cooked pasta and toss all together. Garnish each plate as desired.
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment