Saturday, August 13, 2022

Chickpea & Artichoke Casserole (WFPBNO)

This casserole has some of my favorite foods in it. Who doesn't love a bite of artichoke and Kalamata olives are one of my favorites. I wanted to be sure the potatoes were done, so I boiled them for about 10 minutes before assembling this casserole. However, they may cook just fine in the casserole without the precook. I just didn't want to take any chances. I also used Yukon gold potatoes since you don't have to peel them. If you use a different type of potato you should probably peel them. 

  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved (I buy already pitted and halved olives)
  • 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • black pepper, freshly ground, to taste

I boiled my potatoes for about 10 minutes. Until a toothpick pierced it easily. Don't over cook them since they will cook more in the casserole. Drain and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients, except for the vinegar. Toss to combine well.

Pour into a large casserole and cover with foil. Cook for 20 minutes.

Remove casserole from oven, toss and replace foil. Cook another 20 minutes.

Remove from oven, discard the foil. Add the vinegar, stir and bake another 15 minutes.

Serve hot with a side salad or over some pasta.
Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment