Saturday, November 28, 2020

Cheesy Taco Pasta (WFPBNO)

This is a quick, filling and delicious pasta dish. The leftovers reheated well and I would say this is 6 servings. I'm sure you have all of these ingredients in your kitchen. This would go well with a side salad or some chips and guac. You decide.
  • 8 ounces shell pasta, I had chickpea pasta and added a few rotini to it 
  • 8 ounces vegan burger meat, I had leftover homemade meatballs, quartered
  • 2 cups salsa (I had Roasted Chipotle)
  • 1 + cups vegan cheese (I used Brand New Vegan's Cheese Sauce)
  • 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
  • 1 cup water (reserved from cooking pasta)
  • sea salt and pepper to serve

Get your water going first, cook pasta according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.

I quartered homemade vegan meatballs into a non-stick skillet and added the taco seasoning with a splash of water. Cook until the meatballs are heated all the way through. You may need to add another tablespoon or so of water. 

Lower heat and add the pasta water, pasta, salsa and cheese. Stir to combine and cook until everything is hot. 



I don't cook with salt, but I do taste my food and if needed add a tiny amount. You can really taste it if it's not cooked into the dish. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment