Saturday, November 21, 2020

Burrito (WFPBNO)

First off let me say that this tasted amazing. However, my tortillas should have been bigger so I could but MORE filling in them. So the finished product pics look terrible. Next time I make these I will update the photos. We made burrito bowls for lunch the next day and I should have taken a pic of that because it was beautiful. I'll grab a bowl picture when I make these again!

  • 1 box Zatarain's Spanish Rice, cooked according to package directions
  • 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 2 15-ounce can's black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • shredded lettuce
  • 4 whole wheat tortillas (get the biggest you can find, mine were too small and I couldn't get a good pic)


Start the Spanish rice. Then, in a large skillet saute vegetables for 6-7 minutes in a little water, until tender.

Add the black beans, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, lime juice and 2 tablespoons water. 

When rice is ready give it a fluff with a fork and set aside.

Stir well and cook about 2-3 minutes until liquid evaporates.

Place tortilla on cutting board. Spread 1/2 cup or so of rice.Top with veggie mixture, avocado, lettuce, and any sauce you would like (i.e. salsa, sriracha, etc.) 

Pardon these terrible pics of the finished product. I will  update pics the next time I make these with a big tortilla!! 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment