Monday, July 13, 2020

Roasted Garlic Hummus

We really enjoy hummus for a snack and sometimes on a veggie sandwich. I normally don't make my own but since we have gone WFPBNO (whole food plant based no oil) you can't find hummus in the store that doesn't have added oil. So, I took matters into my own hands and I give your Roasted Garlic Hummus. 

Be sure to get your garlic roasting in the oven before you do anything else. I cut the top off my huge garlic head and squeezed lime juice over it. Wrapped it loosely in aluminum foil and baked at 350 for about an hour in the toaster oven. It smelled so good.

After your garlic is out of the oven and has cooled so you don't burn your fingers, get started.
  • 1 can chickpeas, half liquid drained
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (I freeze juice in ice cube trays)
  • 1 head roasted garlic
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • pinch paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha

Put all the ingredients in your food processor. For the garlic, just squeeze each clove and the soft, roasted garlic will squirt out. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times.

Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Sprinkle top with more paprika. Serve with celery sticks, crackers, or pita.
 
Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment