Sunday, June 2, 2024

Pesto Pasta Salad (WFPBNO)

This is my new favorite pasta salad. It has minimal ingredients and is delicious. I make oil free pesto during the summer, freeze it in ice cube trays. Once frozen crack it out into freezer ziplock baggies and keep in the freezer. When you need pesto just pop out how ever many cubes you need and let it thaw. That made this salad super easy to toss together. Feel free to add the veggies and items you and your family love. It's so good and it makes a lot so you may want to cut the recipe in half. 

  • 1 16-ounce bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
  • 2 servings tempeh bacon, crumbled
  • 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (should be bite-sized)
  • 1 smallish red onion, diced
  • 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered, I then cut each quart in half 
  • 1/2 cup olives, I used halved kalamata olives
  • 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
  • 3/4 cup pesto, can be homemade or store-bought but shoot for no oil

I made my tempeh bacon a day in advance. Start the water to cook your pasta before you being or earlier in the day. While my pasta cooked I mixed all the vegetables in a large bowl.

Once the pasta is ready drain and rinse with cold water.

Add the cooled pasta and the pesto to the bowl of veggies. Take you time and stir until everything is coated with the pesto. This took a bit but be patient. 

Sorry my pic is so blurry, not sure what happened. But this is so good and would be perfect served at any cookout.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment