Sunday, May 28, 2023

Bell Pepper Tacos

I've been making something Tex-Mex for Tuesday's for weeks now. I saw a recipe for Bell Pepper Tacos and turned it plant based. I will definitely make these again but will make a cauliflower walnut taco meat instead of using a processed product. These were really tasty and I think they would make great appetizers if you used the mini bell peppers and cut them in half. We are growing some "lunch box peppers" and I may use them to give this a try. I used a low-sodium taco seasoning but it would be super easy to make your own taco seasoning where you can control the sodium and heat level. The addition of 1/2 - 3/4 cup black beans would also be good in this filling. Give these a try!

  • 2 bell peppers (I used 1 green and 1 red)
  • cheese sauce
  • 1 package Morning Star Farms Grillers Crumbles (next time I will use Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat made without mushrooms)
  • 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
  • 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
  • 2/3 cup water
  • Optional Toppings: chopped lettuce, salsa, pickled jalapenos, fresh avocado, cilantro

Preheat toaster oven to 400F. Slice each bell pepper in half. Remove stem and seeds. Place peppers on parchment lined baking sheet and cook 10-12 minutes.

While they are baking; brown onion in a tablespoon of water.

Once the onion is tender add the "meat" you are using. Cook for a few minutes.

Add the taco seasoning and cook about 2 more minutes.

Add the water and simmer 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Stuff each pepper until full. 

Top with dollops of cheese sauce.

Return to toaster oven for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and garnish as you like. I made yellow rice while the peppers cooked as a nice side dish.
Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment