Monday, December 12, 2022

Nachos

These would be whole food plant based if I had made my own tortilla chips. But, I bought these at a local grocery and they were amazing. They were made with organic blue corn and were so light and crispy. These nachos were a nice change from soups and/or an entrĂ©e with sides for lunch. Obviously, use the ingredients you have on hand and enjoy. 

  • tortilla chips, I used enough for a nice layer on my serving platter
  • Queso cheese sauce, use however much you want
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 avocado (guac, steps below)
  • Salsa 
  • pickled jalapenos, to taste
  • 3 tablespoons red onion, diced small


Make the queso if you haven't already. Heat the black beans in a small saucepan with garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. I used about 1 teaspoon of each. I also had a small amount of tempeh taco 'meat' in the frig that I added so I could get rid of it. But it's not necessary. Stir frequently and turn heat to low to keep the beans warm.

Mash your avocado in a small bowl and add the juice from 1/2 a lime, a tablespoon of diced tomato, a tablespoon diced red onion, a sprinkle of salt. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Set aside.

Arrange your chips on a serving platter and cover with bean mixture.

Drizzle with the warm queso.

Top with salsa; if your salsa is thin use a fork to get the salsa and leave the juice behind.
 
Add the amount of guac you would like.

Garnish with pickled jalapenos and diced red onion. I place all the topping by the platter so we could add more if we wanted to. I actually used a large spatula and served the nachos on individual saucers.

This was so good and there will be lots of leftover cheese sauce. You can use that sauce to pour over a baked potato, to make mac 'n cheese, to pour over broccoli and/or cauliflower, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment