Saturday, September 4, 2021

Chickpea of the Sea Salad

 his is my infamous "tuna" salad. When I'm wanting a sandwich this is my go to filling. It's also delicious to eat as a snack with celery sticks or saltines. Another yummy light lunch is to take a large tomato and cut it into wedges and put a big scoop of this salad on top of it. Stuffed tomatoes for the win. I've made this salad for work lunches and no one could believe it wasn't tuna. I drain both relishes in a fine sieve and press it with the back of a spoon to get all the liquid out of it.

  • 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
  • 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
  • 2-3 tablespoons dill pickle relish, drain and press
  • 2-3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drain and press
  • 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
  • 1/2 teaspoon kelp flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

In a large mixing bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork until coarse and no whole beans are left.

Add the remainder of the ingredients to the bowl.

Mix well. Taste and add more pickle relish or onion, or however you like your "tuna" salad. I think this tastes better after sitting the frig for a bit to get good and cold.

As I mentioned one of my favorite ways to eat this is a sandwich with sliced tomatoes.

Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment