Sunday, September 27, 2020

Cabbage & Onions (WFPBNO)

This was a yummy cabbage, onion and homemade Italian sausage dish. Serves about 4 adults. I really love cabbage and this was a change of pace to my normal sauteed cabbage. I love yellow mustard on cabbage; if you haven't tried it before - give it a try.

  • 6-7 cups green cabbage, sliced real thin
  • 2 Italian sausages, sliced (I made these a few days prior)
  • 1 sweet onion, large dice
  • 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 2 small red jalapenos, sliced (my plant has almost stopped producing, so the peppers are small)
  • 4-5 grinds black pepper
  • 4-5 fingerling potatoes, roasted, sliced (optional)


Preheat a large skillet and saute the onion in a bit of water until translucent. Add water as  needed.

Add chili pepper and caraway seeds. Continue cooking until onion starts to brown. Add water as needed.

Stir in cabbage and cook until cabbage starts to wilt.

Sprinkle with spices (paprika, onion power and nutritional yeast). Stir well. 

Add the sausages and stir. Continue to cook and add water if needed to keep from sticking. You want the sausages to get heated through and the cabbage to have a little color.

I had some already cooked fingerling potatoes. I sliced them and heated them in the microwave, as a side.

Serve the cabbage with a side of fingerlings.

I love cabbage smothered in yellow mustard. Ummmm.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made running a blog glance easy. The entire glance of your website
    is great, as well as the content!
    I am also writing on entertainment topics, please read my article,
    if you like it please share and comment, here are my links

    http://counterfeitmoneyonline.net
    http://billsnbills.com

    ReplyDelete