Sunday, March 24, 2019

Pimento Cheese Spread

I actually made this before we went WFPBNO. It was delicious. I probably wouldn't make it now since I'm doing my best not to eat processed food (the mayo, the cheese) and I'm limiting my salt, so probably no to the pickles (one of my fav foods) and pimentos. But if you are vegan and want to love on some pimento cheese this ones for you!
  • 1 block daiya cheddar, shredded,
  • 1 jar (4 ounce) diced pimento peppers, drained
  • 1/2-3/4 cup Just Mayo (you can add more if you want it more creamy, wet)
  • 1-3 Claussen mini dill pickles, diced (to taste)
  • 1 couple of dashes Frank's RedHot Sauce
  • a few grinds of black pepper
  • salt to taste

Add all of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Stir well and taste, add more pickle or mayo or whatever you think needs bumping up.

I added an extra dash or two of Frank's. Cos' I really do put that s**t on everything!

Serve on crackers, or make a pimento cheese sandwich. It would also be a great addition to a grilled cheese sandwich!!! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment