Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Bean & Salsa Noodle Soup

I love soup and made this a couple of weeks ago. I've been so busy with Thanksgiving, my birthday, Jack's birthday and now his retirement that I've not blogged as much as I had hoped to. However, I made this like a said a few weeks ago and took pics so I could blog it. You must make this super duper easy and fast soup. I know it's a lot of canned stuff, but that is one reason it's so fast to make. Feel free to load it with some fresh veg instead. As with all recipes you can substitute the type of noodles you have on hand, use frozen corn or canned, This was delicious, just remember that when soup contains pasta the pasta continues to absorb the juice so if you have leftovers you will have big fat noodles and need to add more broth. This was adapted from Betty Crocker.
  • 3 cans (14 oz each) vegetable broth
  • 1 jar (16 oz) Thick 'n Chunky salsa
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
  • 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained (if frozen you don't need to thaw)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 5 oz elbow noodles (or whatever you have, uncooked
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat broth to boiling. Stir in remaining ingredients except pasta.

Return to a boil, add pasta.

Cook according to the length of time suggested on your package of pasta. My elbows required about 6 minutes. 

 Fast, yummy and warms you up from the inside out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment