Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chipotle-Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie

We had several baked sweet potatoes left over from Thanksgiving. I was checking out some of the blogs I follow on a regular basis and came across this recipe from The Vegan Chronicle. I had most of the ingredients on had so this was Sunday nights dinner.

This is comfort food on a plate! I just used the smushed up sweet potatoes instead of cooking from scratch. I only had 1 package of Lightlife ground beef so I used that and one package of Boca crumbles. No frozen peas in the freezer so I drained a can and used them. Also, no crushed tomatoes so I used 1 can of tomato sauce.

We really loved this and Jack deemed it a make again right off the bat. In fact we are reheating leftovers for dinner tonight. Head over to The Vegan Chronicle and check out the great blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment