- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 container extra firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste (I love the Thai brand)
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 package Thai Basil Vegetable Dumplings
- cilantro and lime slices for garnish
In a large pot over medium heat add 1/4 cup water and saute the onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for about 5 minutes adding more water if needed.
Then add the bell pepper, tofu and broccoli and saute for 7-8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste, maple syrup and Sriracha. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Mix 4 tablespoons Tapioca Starch with enough water to dissolve it. Stir it well and then add to the pot to slightly thicken the dish. Add dumplings to the soup and allow to cook according to the package directions. Stir occasionally.
Serve with hot rice, a squeeze of lime and a few sprigs of cilantro.