- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas, cut inot large squares
- 2 cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 package Beyond Meat chicken strips, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 package Daiya Cheddar cheese shreds
In a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil and add onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook for 5-7 minutes, sitrring occasionally, until onion is soft.
Stir in butternut squash, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until the squash is tender.
Stir in chicken pieces and stir.
Add the beans, tortillas and enchilada sauce.
Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes so the tortillas can soak up some of the sauce.
Add cilantro and cheese. Stir well Cook another minute so cheese can start to melt. You can reserve some of the cheese to serve as a garnish is you want.