- 1 package Gardein beefless ground
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cored and chopped (not too small but bite sized pieces - mine wasn't small enough)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (I used a cup or so of leftover cooked rice)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup beef-less beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and let cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in garlic and onion, and cook until just softened a bit, about 2 minutes.
Add the beefless ground. Cook until everything is warmed through.
Stir in diced tomatoes, sauerkraut, tomato paste, broth, vinegar, sugar, thyme and paprika. Lower heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add in rice and cabbage and mix well to combine.
Season with additional salt and pepper as desired and let simmer another 5 minutes to heat up.