- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package Gardein beefless ground
- 1 packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups no-chicken - chicken broth
- 2 10-oz cans red enchilada sauce
- 8-oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups Daiya Pepper Jack cheese shreds
- Garnish: green onions, black olives, sour cream, pickled jalapeno, shredded lettuce
In a large skillet, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
Add Gardein, pasta, broth and enchilada sauce to pan. Stir well.
Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover. Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and cover for a minute or two so the cheese melts.
Garnish with items of your choice and serve.