- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups fresh green beans, sliced into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/2 cup cilantro or flat leaf parsley
Combine the onion, red and green peppers, garlic and broth and bring to a boil in a large pot. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the spices, red potatoes and sweet potato, cover and simmer 10 minutes more, adding more broth or water if needed.
Add the green beans, cook 5 minutes more.
Add the zucchini, black beans, corn and lime juice. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Serves 4 to 6.