- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 small Vidala onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Toffuti Sour Cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup Daiya cheddar shreds
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 package Morning Star Chik'n Strips
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 small corn tortillas
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion, bell pepper and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté another minute. Transfer to a bowl.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot, then stir in flour and vegetable broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens.
Add sour cream, tomatoes, and cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
Add lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
Add reserved mushroom mixture. Add remaining ingredients except tortillas.
Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan. Layer a third of the sauce in pan.
Top with half the tortillas.
Then add another third of the sauce, the remaining tortillas and the remaining sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hot in the center and bubbly at the edges.