- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Toffuti sour cream
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Smart Life)
Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. (Your time may vary depending on your microwave oven). Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Or use a cool old Tupperware steamer like I have :-)
Drain and add to a pot. On medium heat, add veggie broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil.
Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.